How many times have do we have conversations like this? Hi friend, how are you? I'm good... really busy." Busy has become so normalized in our culture. Everyone is moving so quickly and trying to learn more about how to be more productive and get more done. There is never enough time. right? Well, yes there is only a limited amount of time in the day. We all have 24 hours to make choices about how we spend it. Busy does not equal productive!
This weekend, try to slow down and connect to someone important in your life. Being "too busy" is a choice. Here is what is "top of mind" for me this week and thought I would start it off with two stories on this notion of "too busy." I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that these links help bring as many ideas and inspiration to you as they have for me!
- The Disease of Being Busy column by Omid Safi on the site On Being with Krista Tippett. Also check out Stop Saying Your Too Busy by Anne Schmidt on Vivid & Brave.
- Seth Godin's recent post on Abandoning Perfection
- Nick Onken's Shop Talk Radio Podcast with Elle Luna, artist and author of The Crossroads of Should and Must: Find and Follow Your Passion. I loved her book and you can check it out on Amazon!
- Adults find creativity and comfort by coloring! Here's why you should color.
- My recent blog post on lighting images with my headlamp
I recently enjoyed a weekend adventure that took me all the way to Quoddy Head State Park in Lubec. It was my first time visiting this area which is also the easternmost point in the United States.
A highlight for me was returning to the Cutler Coast to hike and camp for a night in the backcountry. Here are two photos of the trail!